Ten Books.

One of those facebook tags of the top ten books that have influenced me etc got me to writing this post. So here goes

1. The Harry Potter series, by JK Rowling. - for obvious reasons, no book list is complete for me without this entry. Things I learnt from it - friendship, bravery, and above all the power of love. 
2. Stardust, by Neil Gaiman. - this was a birthday gift from one of my favorite persons and taught me how to never stop looking for magic in life. 
3. Anthem, by Ayn Rand. - this is the most recent addition to this list, it came at the right time and taught me the power of I.
4. Only Love is Real, by Brian Weiss. - this book taught me everything that I needed to know about death as a teenager and also how only love is real. 
5. Bhagvad Gita, by Vyasa. - again as a teenager I picked it up just to brush up my sanskrit and found out more about positive energy that you release in the atmosphere around you and how it affects you and everyone around you than I would have ever known. 
6. Freakonomics, by Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt. - the perfect amalgamation of economics and psychology, this book has made me look at everyday human behavior from a light I didn't see before.
7. Animal Farm, by George Orwell. - everyone everywhere should read this.
8. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (series), by Douglas Adams. - most entertaining book I have read and am sure will ever read. It raises some very important existential questions in the most overt way. 
9. The Sun Also Rises, by Ernest Hemmingway. - in the pretentious world where something I write actually gets published, I would like my writing to be exactly like his.
10. The Last Leaf, by O.Henry. 'nuff said.

Obviously I highly recommend each and everyone one of these. 
I am not going to tag anyone to also do this, but if you read this and also are a blogger or just want to do it anyway, feel free to feel challenged. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in reverse

25 before, after or during 25.

Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.