My Main Man

While I was spending all my life trying very hard not to become my mom(as a teenager; for obvious reasons), I didn't realize that I became my dad. And nothing makes me more proud. While I take after both of them, my mom in her looks, her charisma, her confidence and her temperament too. I am happy to say I take on my dad in his work ethic, his loving and his giving back.

Over the last few years, I have realized what a truly privileged life I have had only because I was born to him and not for anything substantial that I have done. If I have pride from my mom, I got modesty from my dad. I can write for days about how I am going to be forever indebted to him, stories will include how he tolerated(not really) me having a boyfriend(s), me failing exams, me doing stupid shit in general, him flying to america for 48 hours just to attend my graduation because I threw a fit, to how he has been there for me through every goddamn stupid life situation, and how no other man will be good enough because he will always be measured up against my dad. How he has been there for every single parent teacher meeting, and celebrated our measly milestones as if it was a nobel prize, been the parent that spoiled us just as mom turned her back. You have been flawless.

I love you. You may never actually read this, because then you will end up reading my previous posts and that would just be uncomfortable for both of us. But if and when I let you, I love you and thank you. I know I'm your favorite, but let's not spoil it for the other two just yet.

Epilogue(more of an after thought): Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day etc all get a lot of hate from people saying that we should celebrate our loved ones every day, and that we don't need one day of the year to express all this love. But the truth is - we don't. In the normal thing that is life, people don't stop and appreciate the ones around them, they don't pamper or spoil the ones they love, and they don't show their gratefulnesses to their significant ones either. I think - minus the commercialization aspect of holidays - it is absolutely necessary to have a day kept aside every year to celebrate the ones we love.  It's like birthdays, you want one day of the year that you are allowed to be happy for no other reason than that you were born. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.

25 before, after or during 25.

Stuck in reverse