We are young.

I am one of those people, advertisers create ads for. I fall for every emotional ad there is knowing fully well that it is made solely for the purpose of buying customers like me and making more money. I know this, because well common sense and because I have a minor in advertising. And so while I should know better than to fall for this, I also applaud creative ads when I see them.

I stumbled across a page today that had links to 9-indian-ads-that-deliver-a-social-message and it made me think about how even though the current state of Indian politics and economy is horrifying I have obstinate belief that we will be okay.

While it is super easy for me to ignore the facebook rants of my friends about Modi/AAP/Congress etc because it doesn't directly affect me, I have a very cynical view of the future of the country, because each party surpasses the next in scandals and corruptions. It is extremely easy for me to turn a blind eye to the mess AAP has created in Delhi and being a democrat through and through it hurts my pride to say that maybe our only hope at this point is in fact Modi - the aforementioned article I read today gave me a lot of hope.

I read this on Quora recently and I know this to be true - Other countries(China etc.) succeed because of their governments, India despite it. The most amazing thing about us Indians is that there are literally so many of us, that we just don't quit. We have been fighting for centuries now and will continue to do so until we get what we want. We know exactly what's wrong with us and we are trying really hard to make things right. We recognize caste-ism as a flaw in our progress as a nation , we recognize that divorce and remarriage is still a social stigma, we know that the treatment of women in the country is appalling, but we are doing everything we can to change it.

Not too long ago, I blogged about how I was not proud to be an Indian and it has been my most viewed blog ever. But today I feel amazingly hopeful and optimistic about being an Indian. We are a country where 65 percent of the people are under the age of 35, there is nothing that we can't do. Besides Indians everywhere are known for their hard work and dedication, we as the youth of the country are marching on in the right direction. We have stopped letting shitty politicians take us for granted. Even with this whole Kejriwal fiasco (and excuse me if something I said is wrong because when it comes to politics, I am a little ill informed) we wanted a change and we voted for him - but if he thinks that after being given the responsibility of the state he can just keep on going just on the basis of publicity stunts, he has another thing coming his way.

In many ways now, we are more powerful than we have ever been. Our number maybe the biggest factor that can be pointed to for everything that is wrong about the country - but it's also our single biggest asset. And now since it is empowered, great things are about to happen.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in reverse

25 before, after or during 25.

Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.