Somewhere in the middle -

of -to all the boys i've loved before - and - thank u, next.

One meets all kinds of people throughout life that are special for one reason or another. Some are more special than others. Some stay with you long after they are gone and some are out of sight, out of mind.

To all the boys I've loved before - you guys were the fucking best. I am so full of gratitude that it was you who I chose to fall in love with, learn from and grow to be who I am. You taught me more about life than life itself. I am so #blessed that I got to date someone who was a feminist before it was cool to be one and before maybe even I knew what it was to be one. You taught me self love before it was a thing. You taught me unconditional unlimited love and its strength to move rivers and roads.

I often think about how lucky I am, that I dated someone very early on who treated me in the best way a girl should be treated and thus ensuring that I have the highest standards for all future boys. You gave me the gift of being heard, of being totally spoiled and uniquely challenged by my ever changing opinions and debates that followed. Thank you for arguing with me to the end of your wits just for my entertainment. One of you was my actual teenage dream, one of you probably should have been just friends, one of you was someone I never thought I would like let alone love.

One of you literally taught me to drive and to you I am so grateful. So many adulting habits that I hold dearly, how to remain ever curious, how to be open to learning new things and to develop long lasting relationships I owe to you guys. I even learned how to drink with you guys, how to feel safe around men, how to never question my place in the world because of the importance you placed in me. So much confidence that I carry comes from knowing that you had my back.

In the words of one Ms. Grande - one taught me love, one taught me patience and one taught me pain. Except that maybe not that much pain. Mostly just lots of fun, lots of love and light. Some of you literally came into my life as a ray of light much needed when things were not so easy. You knew what to say whether or not I was ready to hear it. Everyone of you taught me something either while you were in my life or after you left it, but thanks for indulging this girl.

To those who were not really right there for love, maybe just a date or two, maybe just a strong like - maybe something mistaken for love, I don't have much to say because you are probably not reading this. So, thank u, next.

To the one who I am about to marry and annoy for the rest of my life - I'll write you a different blog because this is not for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in reverse

25 before, after or during 25.

Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.